Approx Time to Make: 30 mins
I have marked this as Gluten Free but it uses oats, so be sure to check yours for any added ingredients.
I used to have a recipe for Raw Carrot Cake bars, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. So… I’ve made my own tropical fruit, ‘Carrot Cake’ recipe.
It’s rather tasty if I say so myself; I’ve just had a slice with a cuppa.
This recipe is not only full of Raw goodness, but Gluten Free, Low Sugar & of course, Vegan.
Recipe for the Creme Filling & Topping:
🥕1½ cups raw Cashews (soaked in hot water 1 hour & drained dry)
🥕½ cup Plant Yogurt
🥕1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
🥕1 small Lime zest
🥕Pinch sea salt
*I didn’t sweeten mine as it’s not my taste with the sweeter base, but you could always add agave or maple syrup or a healthier sugar alternative.
Blend all ingredients & then put in the fridge to chill while making the ‘cake’.
Recipe for the Carrot ‘Cake’:
🥕3 large Carrots finely grated
🥕1 Star fruit or similar texture
🥕½ cup of Mango
🥕1½ cup pitted Medjool dates
🥕2 cups Oat flour *
🥕2 teaspoons Cinnamon
🥕1 teaspoon Ginger
🥕½ teaspoon Nutmeg
🥕1 tablespoon of Agave or Maple syrup
🥕2 teaspoons Lime juice
🥕½ cup Sultanas
* Put normal oats in blender to make oat flour or for more course texture used lightly blended.
1) Blend the wet ingredients to a paste (except the raisins) * I left some of my carrot grated for texture & added it later with the raisins (see below).
2) Add the blended wet ingredients to the oat flour, mix well & then add the sultanas (* & grated carrot if you left some whole).
3) Leave a while, for the oatmeal to absorb the wet fruit, but if it still looks too wet, add more oatmeal flour. Meanwhile …
4) Line a round sponge tin with oven paper & fill with half the mixture.
5) Top the half of carrot cake with a thin layer of creme filling.
6) Put the cake tin in the freezer to chill & set before adding the second layer of the cake.
Note: I skipped this & ended up with blended filling & cake, so this is an important step!
7) Add second layer of carrot cake mixture.
8) Then top the ‘cake’ with the remaining creme filling & decorate. I used seeds & nuts & some artificial daisies).
As this is a Raw cake, make sure you keep it in the fridge.
Eat & enjoy!
Tags: CAKE, COMFORT FOOD, DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE, GLUTEN FREE, LOW FAT, LOW SUGAR, SOYA FREE, SPECIAL OCCASIONS
One Comment Add yours
Swooning over this beauty!! We had carrot cake for our wedding, so it’s super nostalgic for us. I love the nourishing ingredients!
LikeLiked by 1 person