Who fancies an Indian spiced breakfast?
I’ve been making this mushroom, chickpea flour and Indian spiced omelette/scramble for ages, but I never knew it was an actual dish.
I Googled the ingredients & found a dish called #besanbhurji 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
I love it for a protein packed breakfast or snack. This is how I make mine:
For Chickpea Batter –
🍄1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
🍄1 tablespoon ground Flax seed
🍄2 tablespoons plant yoghurt
🍄Water or 🌱 milk as appropriate to make thinnish batter *
* Normally I omit the yoghurt & just use 🌱 milk
🍄1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
🍄1 teaspoon Cumin powder
🍄1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
🍄1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder or flakes
🍄Salt & pepper to taste
🍄Fresh Coriander to garnish
🍄1/2 Onion , finely chopped
🍄1/4 Bell pepper (Capsicum) , finely sliced
🍄2 cups mushrooms , sliced finely (I used chestnut)
🍄You can add fresh chillies too if you like it
🥑 Avocado oil / Sunflower oil for frying 🌻
1. Mix the batter ingredients into the require batter consistency. Set aside whilst you prepare the vegetables.
2. Finely slice the onions & sauté until slightly soft, then
3. Add the sliced mushrooms & peppers until the vegetables are golden or how you desire them.
4. I add the cooked veggies to the batter & stir well.
5. Ensuring your pan has sufficient oil, add the mixture to the pan & fry as an omelette or scramble if you prefer. My pans are old, so I find mine sticks slightly & it end up as a scramble (which is more authentic anyway) 👍🏻
Categories: Dairy free, Egg free, Asian food, Comfort Food