Gnocchi made with healthy Sweet Potatoes & Gluten Free? 🤔
Yep step this way!
I’ve never made gnocchi before, but have wanted to for ages; this was great fun to learn.
I used the following ingredients, although, next time I shall try a different flour blend as Buckwheat makes the water a little slimy when boiling them.
🍠1 large sweet potato baked & then mashed
🍠2 cloves garlic crushed
🍠1 cup GF flour (of your choice)
1. Mash all ingredients together, until you have a firm, but not sticky ball (add a tiny amount of water if needed)
2. Cut into 4 equal quarters & roll into 1cm wide roll.
3. Cut into 1.5cm lengths & shape into Gnocchi. (see YouTube for instructional videos)
4. Immerse into a saucepan of boiling water until they float to the top.
5. Take out with a slotted server. (Mine were a little slimy due to buckwheat flour).
6. I then sautéed mine in Vegan ‘Butter’ with Sage until golden, but you could try an air-frier or oven.
🍠 vegan ‘butter’ for sauteing
🍠 Dried or fresh chopped sage
I served mine on a bed of wilted spinach.