Preparation time: 30 minutes
Rather than make my usual Black bean & Buckwheat burger/meatball recipe, I decided to sub the buckwheat for lentils for a change.
🧆 1 cup cooked green lentils
🧆 0.5 cup cooked red lentils drained well & then mashed down
🧆 1.5 cup cooked black beans blended with some gently mashed
🧆 1 roasted red pepper chopped very finely
🧆 1/2 cup red onion, fined diced & sauted
🧆 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
🧆 1/4 cup of lentil flour (or sub oat /chickpea flour)
🧆 1-2 tsp Paprika Picante (watch 🔥)
🧆 1 tbsp ground cumin – $0.25
🧆 2 tsp 🙂 smoked sweet paprika
🧆 Seasoning to taste
1) Cook & prep each ingredient as in the instructions above
2) Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl & mix well.
3) form into meatballs & place in the fridge for the flour to absorb the excess moisture.
4) I oven baked mine to brown a little, but YouCan shallow fry or grill.
5) Meanwhile make the sauce with a cartoon of puréed tomatoes such as Tomato Frito or Passata (If not blend down a tin of plum tomatoes. Add some garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of Marmite or Miso & a good ‘plonk’ of red wine of your choice. Add herbs such as oregano if you want. I added frozen peas as tapas Albóndigas, often come with peas. Season well & tip over the cooked meatballs in a tapas dish or small pan.