Ceviche is the most famous Peruvian dish. This popular seafood dish claims origins in Lima, Peru, but is found in many coastal areas throughout Latin America such as Ecuador, Chile, Mexico, and Colombia.
For a veganised version of a more traditional Ceviche recipe, please see my post: Veganised Peruvian Ceviche .
However, for this recipe, I’ve given it a tropical twist! Delicious seasonal Mango added to lentils, tomatoes, corriander & chillies; mixed with fresh onions marinated in plenty of lime juice & seasoning. Topped with lashings of local avocado fresh from the tree.
When mango is out of season, I’ve used other seasonal fruit such as Loquats, Apricots & even Nectarines.
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 cups cooked Brown Lentils
- 1 Red onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cucumber chopped finely
- 1-2 small Red Chillies depending on heat required
- 2-3 medium Tomatoes chopped small (remove the wet parts)
- Small bunch fresh Cilantro (& mint optional)
- Extra seasoning to taste
- Avocado slices to top
1. Chop all ingredients (apart from Avocado) & mix in a bowl
2. Add lemon juice & seasoning
3. Serve into glasses or flatten into moulds
4. Decorate with thinly sliced avocado, lemon slices & chopped chilli or mango pieces
4. Serve & enjoy