Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8-10 burgers
Out of all the wholefood veggie burger recipes I’ve concocted, this is still my favourite. It’s Soy & Gluten Free making it versatile for all & it’s extremely tasty.
From Burgers to Meatballs, Sunday Roast loaf to special occasion Wellington, this easy Black bean mix, forms a perfect base recipe for them all! Add extra spices or herbs & you can make a whole host of dishes.
Recipe: Makes 8 patties (Ideal for freezing)
🍔 1 tin of Black Beans (I prefer to rehydrate dried beans overnight & cook in vegetable stock)
🍔 1 TSP Garlic granules
🍔 Approx 90g cooked Buckwheat
🍔 1/2 TBS Tomato Puree &/or Soy free Miso paste
🍔 1/2 TSP Chilli powder (more if you like them spicy)
🍔 1/2 TSP Smoked Sweet Paprika
🍔 1/2 TSP dried Oregano or Herbs
🍔 Seasoning to taste
1) Strain the beans to remove excess liquid
2) Add all ingredients to a large bowl
3) Either mash with a Potato masher (for a courser textured burger) or blend in a food processor *see note below
Note: I like to reserve some of the buckwheat & add post blend, for more texture).
5) Blend all ingredients into a thick mix. If it looks a little wet, add extra buckwheat.
6) Form 8 patties & put in fridge to set before, grilling, baking or frying.
This recipe also makes great meatballs 👍🏻
Tags: BURGERS, COMFORT FOOD, DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE, GLUTEN FREE, MEAT ALTERNATIVE, SOYA FREE, VEGGIE BURGER
One Comment Add yours
These burgers look so good! I love the ingredients ❤️