Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Time: Approx 1 hr Heat: 180°/160° fan Gas 4
This drizzle cake is based on my lemon drizzle recipe, but uses other citrus zest & juice. I used Ruby Grapefruit & Clementine.
I’ve used a small Bundt tin as I wanted to make my own version of a Roscón de Reyes (a special cake in Spain for the 3 Kings’ celebration on 5/6 January).
** You may want to try another gluten free flour or refined sugar alternative that you have experience baking with.
- 150g dairy-free margarine
- 175g Coconut Sugar
- 200g Gluten Free flour of your choice (I used the following blend: 100g rice, 50g quinoa, 25g chickpea & 25g oat flours)
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- ½ TSP Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50g Ground Almonds
- Pinch Salt
- 150ml Almond of other Plant Milk
- Zest of 2 Clementines finely grated
- Juice from 1 Clementine for the cake (keep the rest for drizzle below)
Drizzle: (uses Icing Sugar but you can replace with non refined)
🍋 6 tbs icing sugar
🍋100ml mix of Pink Grapefruit & Clementine juice added to the sugar a little at a time until desired thickness
1) Cream the Margarine & Coconut Sugar together
2) Add the Plant Milk & mix well
3) Sieve half the Flour, Bicarb, Baking powder and Ground Almond into the Margarine, Sugar & Milk mix until well incorporated
4) Add juice from 1 Clementine & zest from 2 & mix well (* keep remaining juice from other Clementine for the icing).
5) Sieve the remaining flour, bicarb, baking powder & ground almond & mix well into the bake batter
6) Working quickly tip into the greased or lined cake tin & spread evenly. Put into the oven.
7) Bake for 1hr or until a skewer comes out clean. The cake should spring when pressed gently.
8) Leave the cake to cool. Meanwhile mix the juice of remaining 1 Clementine with approx half a grapefruit (to make 100ml) with powdered icing sugar.
When the cake has cooled somewhat, make holes in it using a skewer & then pour over the *sugar/citrus juice mixture.