Approx Time to Make: 30 mins
I used to have a recipe for Raw Carrot Cake bars, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. So… I’ve made my own tropical fruit, ‘Carrot Cake’ recipe.
It’s rather tasty if I say so myself; I’ve just had a slice with a cuppa.
This recipe is not only full of Raw goodness, but Gluten Free, Low Sugar & of course, Vegan.
Recipe for the Creme Filling & Topping:
🥕1½ cups raw Cashews (soaked in hot water 1 hour & drained dry)
🥕½ cup Plant Yogurt
🥕1/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
🥕1 small Lime zest
🥕Pinch sea salt
*I didn’t sweeten mine as it’s not my taste with the sweeter base, but you could always add agave or maple syrup or a healthier sugar alternative.
Blend all ingredients & then put in the fridge to chill while making the ‘cake’.
Recipe for the Carrot ‘Cake’:
🥕3 large Carrots finely grated
🥕1 Star fruit or similar texture
🥕½ cup of Mango
🥕1½ cup pitted Medjool dates
🥕2 cups Oat flour *
🥕2 teaspoons Cinnamon
🥕1 teaspoon Ginger
🥕½ teaspoon Nutmeg
🥕1 tablespoon of Agave or Maple syrup
🥕2 teaspoons Lime juice
🥕½ cup Sultanas
* Put normal oats in blender to make oat flour
1) Blend the wet ingredients to a paste (except the raisins) * I left some of my carrot grated for texture & added it later with the raisins (see below).
2) Add the blended wet ingredients to the oat flour, mix well & then add the sultanas (* & grated carrot if you left some whole).
3) Leave a while, for the oatmeal to absorb the wet fruit, but if it still looks too wet, add more oatmeal flour. Meanwhile …
4) Line a round sponge tin with oven paper & fill with half the mixture.
5) Top the half of carrot cake with a thin layer of creme filling.
6) Put the cake tin in the freezer to chill & set before adding the second layer of the cake.
Note: I skipped this & ended up with blended filling & cake, so this is an important step!
7) Add second layer of carrot cake mixture.
8) Then top the ‘cake’ with the remaining creme filling & decorate. I used seeds & nuts & some artificial daisies).
As this is a Raw cake, make sure you keep it in the fridge.
Eat & enjoy!
Tags: CAKE, COMFORT FOOD, DAIRY FREE, EGG FREE, GLUTEN FREE, LOW FAT, LOW SUGAR, SOYA FREE, SPECIAL OCCASIONS